Mail: PO Box 215, Kemblesville, PA, 19347-0215
Phone: (610) 255-0388
County of Operation: Chester
Member “Land Trust Alliance” since: 2000
Adopted “LTA Standards & Practices“: Yes
Board Members: 10
- Serve the needs of London Britain Township (LBT) in the preservation, conservation, and stewardship of historic sites and open space, including important agriculturally productive lands and natural areas;
- Assist the LBT Board of Supervisors and the LBT Planning Commission in decisions regarding open space planning and land acquisition;
- Assist landowners in London Britain Township who wish to pursue conservation objectives in their plans for their properties;
- Establish an endowment fund to provide operating revenue for acquisition of land and interest in land, and for stewardship and planning activities;
- Provide liaison with environmental, agricultural, conservation and historic preservation organizations and promote the services each organization offers;
- Acquire land in fee, purchase development rights, and accept lands and conservation easements from donors, including developers, that are required to set aside lands by subdivision or land development regulations;
- Establish management procedures with homeowners associations;
- Work with LBT staff in efforts to better manage and improve existing open space areas and greenways.
|Pennsylvania||Out of State|
|Total Acres Conserved||164||0|
|Acres Under Easement||44||0|
|Acres Transferred to Public Agency†||0||0|
|Other Acres Protected‡||20||0|
† Pertains to land that has been acquired by the land trust and than reconveyed to a local, county or state, state or federal government entity for conservation purposes.
‡ Other pertains to assistance in transactions including preparation and negotiation work and/or the reconveyance of land to another private conservation organization.